How to submit a FOIA request
The Genoa Park District will disclose public records in compliance with the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). The District may, in accordance with the Act and in conjunction with the Office of the Public Access Counselor (PAC) in the Attorney General’s office, deny any request that is exempt from disclosure.
How to Submit a FOIA Request:
- Requests must be submitted in writing and may be submitted in person, by email to email@example.com or by fax to (815) 784-5051 or mailed to Genoa Park District Attention FOIA Officer Paul Bafia 400 E. Second St Genoa Il 60135.
- Persons making the request may use the form available from the Genoa Park District or may submit their own written request. All requests must include the following information; full name, current address, phone number, a detailed description of the records sought and whether or not the request is for commercial purposes. It is a violation of the FOIA for a person to knowingly obtain a public record for a commercial purpose without disclosing that it is for a commercial purpose, if requested to do so by the public body. 5ILCS 140.3.1 (c) The form can be obtained with the button link above.
- Within 5 business days after the date the District receives the request, the designated FOIA officer will review and respond to the request. In certain circumstances specified in the Act, the Act permits the FOIA officer to extend the time for a response by no more than 5 additional business days or such additional time the person making the request and the FOIA officer shall agree.
- If any of the materials you requested are exempt under the Act, you will be notified in writing of the exemptions. Any denial, or partial denial of your request may be appealed to the Public Access Counselor (PAC) within the Office of the Attorney General of the State of Illinois. firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the requested document is an electronic format, the District will, if feasible, furnish it in that format. For hard copies, the fee will be $.15 per page after the first 50 pages for standard black and white. Costs of colored or oversized copies or disks or cd’s will be charged the actual costs incurred by the District.
Records may, when ready, be inspected at the Genoa Park District Administration Office located at 400 E. Second St, Genoa Il 60135 between the hours of 8:30 – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday excluding recognized holidays.